Thanksgiving is just around the corner and without a doubt, if sweet potato marshmallow casserole isn’t on the menu, you probably wish it was.
While marshmallow covered sweet potatoes is a perfectly delicious dish on its own, we’ve decided to step up our game and make it even better! While this dish remains quite similar, we’ve added some Churro chips adding delicious flavors and a crunchy texture to what’s normally a pretty gooey dish. Plus, what’s great about this recipe is that it can be made for just for one person so you don’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to dig in!
2 sweet potatoes
1.5 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup churro chips, crumbled
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rinse sweet potatoes and poke several holes with a fork.
3. Cook potatoes for 45 minutes – 1 hour on a parchment lined baking sheet until nearly all the way cooked.
4. Slice potatoes in half and gently cut down the middle to make room. Mash the middle just a bit to make it nice and soft.
5. Gently add in layers of marshmallows and chips.
6. Dust the tops of each potato with pumpkin pie spice.
7. Pop potatoes back in the oven and cook for another 20-30 minutes until marshmallows are completely melted and potatoes are soft and ready to eat.