Mexican Hot Chocolate
We love creating recipes that are inspired by the delicious cuisine of Cabo San Lucas. So whether you are having friends over this weekend or just planning a cozy evening at home, this authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate recipe will be sure to satisfy that sweet tooth during these colder months of the winter.
· 2 tablets (3 oz. each) Mexican chocolate, broken into chunks
· 1 can evaporated milk
· 3-4 cups milk
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 1-2 tsp. ground cinnamon
· ¼ tsp. nutmeg
· Whipped cream
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, place Mexican chocolate chunks, evaporated milk and stir until completely melted
2. Once completely melted, stir in milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla
3. Heat mixture thoroughly until well combined
4. Let cool
5. Pour into a mug or glass once set to a warm drinking temperature
6. Add whipped cream, chocolate shavings and cinnamon to garnish
* Mexican Chocolate can be purchased at any Mexican market. We used Organic stone ground extra dark chocolate sold at Trader Joe’s grocery store.