With the chaos of Christmas quickly approaching, we know it can be difficult to have the time to make your favorite traditional holiday treats.... And, we have a solution for you! Cabo Chips has recently come out with a new addition to the Cabo family, tortillas! Not only are our chips authentically made and delicious, but so are the tortillas they’re made out of. We have begun to package our partially-baked corn and flour tortillas for your specific tortilla needs and convenience!
What does partially-baked mean you ask? Partially-baked means that our tortillas are baked partially and then packaged frozen. This cooking technique is used to insure fresh tortillas with in a matter of seconds as if you made them from scratch.
Now, most Buñuelo recipes can be very time consuming and complicated, but with the convenience of our tortillas we have come up with a simpler recipe, that still hold true to it’s authenticity and delicious taste of this Mexican treat.
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 Cabo Chips flour tortillas (cut into shapes with cookie cutters or sliced into quarters)
- Vegetable oil
1. Cut tortillas to desired shape
2. In a medium heavy bottom saucepan, place just enough vegetable oil to halfway fill the pan.
3. Heat the oil until it reaches about 350 degrees F. (a cooking thermometer will help test the heat)
4. One by one, fry tortillas until they reach a golden brown color.
5. With a slotted spoon, transfer tortilla crisps onto a paper towel to drain
6. On a large plate, mix together cinnamon and sugar
7. While still warm transfer tortilla crisps to sugar mixture and coat both sides.
* To add a little more fun and flavor, serve with dipping sauces such as chocolate or dolce de leche. Buñuelo’s also taste great served with vanilla bean ice cream or fresh berries.