Chicken Tortilla Soup
The cooler months are upon us and that can only call for warm tortilla soup! Soup can be time consuming, that is unless you own a crockpot. All you need to do is put the ingredients in the pot, go to work and come home to the best smelling house ever! Cooking is the last thing I want to do after a long day at work. So settle in, take off your coat and stay awhile. Dinner is ready!
1 Chicken breast
1 Sweet Corn on the Cob
1 Serrano pepper
2 Tomatoes off the vine, diced
1 Medium green pepper, chopped
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
1 ½ tsp. Sea salt
1 tsp. Pepper
2 tsp. Ground cumin
½ tsp. Chili powder
5 cups Chicken stock
1 bag of Blue Corn Cabo Chips, (Partial for soup, partial for snacking)
1. Put all of the ingredients besides the garnishes into the crockpot. I will admit I cried a little while cutting the onion, so don’t be ashamed. Stir around so everything is well mixed.
2. Cook on high for 4 hours and low for 8 hours.
3. Pull the chicken out of the crockpot before serving and shred the chicken.
4. Place back into the crockpot and stir for even distribution.
5. Serve topped with cilantro, cheese, avocado and Blue Corn Tortilla chips.
6. Relax and enjoy!