Holiday weekends can sometimes get the best of us….especially when it comes to our favorite Labor Day barbeque meals and snacks.
Every year over Labor Day weekend my family and I have a huge barbeque celebration. My contribution to the party each year is appetizers and finger foods. One of my favorite things to make is a less guilt Queso Dip! Not only is it my favorite because less guilt technically means you can eat more ;), but it’s also great because it serves a large party if you double up the recipe!
Follow these step-by-step instructions for a mouthwatering less guilty cheesy dip!
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 Diced Tomato
- 4 Ounces Organic Diced Green Chiles
- 1 Small Diced Onion
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Organic Fat-Free Milk
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- Kosher Slat
- Black Pepper
- 1 Halved & Diced Avocado
- Cilantro to garnish
1. Start by melting butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, tomato, onion and green chiles. Stir for about 3 minutes.
3. Add flour, whisk for about 1 minute.
4. Add milk, let cook, whisk until thick for about 4-5 minutes.
5. Stir in Cheese until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in salt, pepper and Greek yogurt until well combined.
7. Add Garnishes.
8. Dig in!
- Salt & Pepper